Goals & Values
- Replace Styrofoam and petroleum based plastics with compostable products made from waste and plant materials
- Be a model of how sustainable enterprises and businesses should function
Use our profits to:
- Raise awareness of global, environmental and social issues
- Promote awareness of sustainable alternatives to everyday consumption choices
- Support grassroots organizations working on environmental and social issues
- Move towards giving 100% of our profits
Our Sustainability Efforts
World Centric has remained a strong advocate for environmental sustainability and social justice since its inception in 2004. Our efforts include:
- Zero Carbon Footprint. Offset our total carbon emissions by partnering with grassroots environmental and social organizations, whose programs not only offset carbon emissions but also create sustainable livelihoods.
- Donate. Give at least 32% of our pre-tax profits to create social and enviromental sustainability.
- Discounts. Provide 20% discount to schools and non-profits.
- Compostable Trays. Provide compostable lunch trays at cost to schools to replace Styrofoam trays.
- Manufacturing Audits. Regularly audit outsourced factories under Fair Labor Organization guidelines, to ensure fair wages and working conditions for workers.
- Renewable Energy. Power our office using renewable energy (a combination of wind and solar) and strive to be a zero-waste office.
- Public Transportation. Provide $250 per month reimbursement for employees to take public transportation.
- Community. Hosted environmental and social justice speakers and film series since 2004 and regularly host other community events.
- Integrity - Being honest and transparent with our suppliers, customers and employees.
- Authenticity - Doing what we say we will do and supporting what we believe in.
- Passion - Bringing our energy, our commitment and enthusiasm to what we do and believe in.
- Diversity - Respecting divergent perspectives, differing cultures and biodiversity.
- Respect for life - Valuing our environment and all life.
- Social and Economic Justice - Encouraging fair treatment, fair wages, and equitable sharing of limited resources.