- VP/Director of Finance
- Aware, committed and passionate about social and environmental issues
- Adaptable and flexible – folks who do well in unstructured environments
- Collaborative and self-motivated
- Highly competent and able to execute tasks very well
The Director or VP of Finance would be responsible for all budgeting, finance, legal, financial planning, and reporting functions. They will also be responsible for working with external parties for loans, lines of credit, tax planning, tax filing, etc. Even though this is a senior level position, it is a very hands-on position.
Director/VP of Finance
- Prepare annual budget, interim forecasts and cash flow projections
- Prime responsibility for all banking and other outside relationships
- Financial planning, margin analysis, KPI, financial reporting
- Responsible for tax planning, working with tax accountant
- Responsible for legal contracts, corporate documents/legal structure
- Manage employee stock/equity benefits/plans
- Implement process/procedures/accuracy for day to day accounting activities – A/P, A/R, reconciliations, journal entries, month/quarter/year closes
- Back up Senior Accounting Manager as needed for day to day accounting tasks, or when manager is on vacation
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams including supply chain, order management, customer service, and sales to continuously improve processes and productivity
- Prior work experience as Controller, Dir of Finance or higher in companies ranging from $10M to $80M
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge and complete understanding of GAAP
- Work experience in product distribution, manufacturing companies
- Experience outside finance in Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Marketing a big plus.
- Excel expert. Netsuite a plus.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, ensure accuracy and timeliness in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong independent worker who is also a team player
- Compensation dependent on experience
- Open vacation/sick leave policy
- Stock Equity Plan
- Full health benefits
How to apply (no calls):
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to jobs-finance(at)worldcentric.org. In the cover letter, please discuss what is meaningful for you in terms of social/environmental issues or alternatively and/or in conjunction, why you would like to work for a mission-driven company like World Centric. Position open until closed. While we appreciate calls about this position, we currently do not have the bandwidth to field them and ask that you please do not call about this position.
About World Centric
World Centric is an environmental and social enterprise working to reduce environmental degradation and economic injustice. We are currently a leading supplier of certified compostable disposables. We started as a non-profit in 2004 and are now both a California Benefit Corporation as well as a certified B-Corp(tm). We offset all our carbon emissions and donate at least 25% of our profits annually. Our vision is a just and sustainable world, where humans live simply and tread lightly. Please see our About Us section for more information on the company.