Thank you for your interest in working for World Centric®! We look for candidates who are:
- Aware of, committed to, and passionate about creating social and environmental change to benefit people and planet – This is the heart of our organization.
- Inspired by moving toward a flat organization – We are motivated by our individual roles in the company, not by a boss or the traditional hierarchy.
- Adaptable and flexible – We believe that change is constant and embrace our evolution as a company.
- Action-oriented – We each thrive through peer collaboration and a strong sense of self-motivation. We don’t expect others to do our work for us.
- Dedicated to excellence – We set high standards for the team and individual performance and competency.
Our every action has an impact on the well-being of our planet and our everyday decisions can help create a better world for all. World Centric®certified compostable tableware, cutlery and food packaging provide eco-friendly alternatives to everyday consumption choices, which can help minimize social & economic inequalities, reduce the impact of our consumption on the environment and help create a better and sustainable world.
World Centric started as a non-profit in 2004 and now is a California Benefit Corporation and a certified B-Corp. We offset all our carbon emissions and donate a minimum 25% of profits to environmentally and socially conscious organizations.
World Centric, as a leader in the compostables category, has a dynamic, fast-paced, high growth work environment and is looking for professionals who can thrive in such an environment. The culture and mission fit is very important for us and these requirements include a strong awareness, passion and commitment to social and environmental issues; a high degree of competence, motivation and initiative; and adaptability and ability to collaborate with others.
- Efficiently coordinate creative projects, asset management, archiving and production scheduling needs while serving as the liaison for creative requests
- Provide in-house graphic design services and play an integral role in the creative production process as you work with various teams across the company
- Assist in maintaining consistency of the World Centric brand identity in all levels of communication
- Manage production and traffic aspects of design, marketing collateral, digital communications, and packaging
- Clearly define the timing, scope of work and materials for the design and production of all assigned projects and shepherd them through to completion
- Create and schedule for publication website and social media content that ascribes to the brand standards, is appropriate for our target audiences, and creates a consistent stream of quality content
- Work in the Company’s email marketing software to create and send email communications and produce analytics to help assess effectiveness of email marketing campaigns
- Proofread written marketing materials and occasionally assist in developing copy
- Maintain proper inventory levels on all marketing materials and manage a digital asset management portal such as BrandFolder
- Assist in maintaining the World Centric website to ensure it provides current product information and relevant content
- Manage the calendar for tradeshows, conferences and other events at which World Centric should have a presence; maintain the trade show materials and own pre-show coordination and post-show follow-up
- Assist with budget tracking and department expenses, invoices etc.
- Attend press checks when needed to deliver professional-level results
- Oversee product photo shoots and provides art direction and approval
- Assist in managing relationships with vendors and external agencies, including price quotes, timelines, approvals, resource allocation, invoicing and delivery of final materials
- BS/BA in design, marketing or a related field with 3+ years of experience
- Knowledge of marketing, design and production techniques and the ability to provide time estimates for production work
- Ability to respond and satisfy changing needs throughout the creative development process
- Excellent time, communication and people management skills
- Detail-oriented and able to manage projects from inception through completion
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Skilled in coordinating projects from creative concept through production and distribution, with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Basic copywriting and editing skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Familiar with HTML basic coding
- Experience in the CPG, foodservice or packaging industries a plus
- Familiarity with website management tools and Netsuite a plus
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for growing product sales in the Southeast Region, through distribution, broker management and strategic operator accounts, both contract management, GPO and independent. In addition to driving sales growth through broad line and specialty distribution strong experience in specific foodservice segments is a preferred - e.g. Colleges & Universities (C&U), Quick Serve Restaurants (QSR), Business and Industry (B&I), Healthcare and Lodging. The ability to influence, communicate effectively and manage complexity is required. Additionally, a passion and commitment to making a positive environmental and social change in the world are required.
- Implement the company’s sales strategy as defined for foodservice and its channels.
- Develop and implement an execution plan for the Southeast region. Geography includes: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Florida
- Demonstrate a consultative, service-oriented approach.
- Make effective, fact-based presentations. Demonstrate the ability to establish rapport and influence others, both externally and internally.
- Retain and grow existing business.
- Grow product sales across the foodservice channels and all applicable segments.
- Own the operator and distributor relationships. While the broker may represent us in market, the expectation is to develop business relationships with key stakeholders at strategic accounts.
- Effectively recruit, train, and lead brokers through goal setting, in market joint selling and regular business reviews. Set goals, track their progress, communicate and hold accountable for desired results.
- Align and work closely with internal functions to include, inside account managers, supply chain, sales peers and leadership.
- Accurate demand forecasting entry in Netsuite system.
- Consistently and thoroughly enter sales leads, opportunities, contacts, tasks and sales activities into Netsuite system.
- Monitor and stay abreast of market/industry conditions and competitive intelligence. Effectively communicate findings across the organization.
- Attend industry and customer events (e.g. trade-shows, conferences, sales meetings)
- Demonstrate sound financial recommendations and decisions. Adhere to company policies regarding Travel & Entertainment (T&E), pricing, contracts, and legal documents.
- Overnight and some weekend travel is required (on average 2-3 nights per week)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with demonstrated success in sales. 10+ is preferred.
- Experience in the foodservice industry with distributors and large operator, end user accounts. (experience in disposables/packaging industry is a plus)
- Proven broker and/or direct people management experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, the ability to establish rapport and long term relationships.
- Negotiation skills that rely on understanding both parties needs and seeking to find a mutually beneficial solution.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to detailed, accurate, concise and thorough.
- Ability to learn quickly and become knowledgeable of products quickly.
- Experience with CRM, leads/sales management systems.
- Good Technical Computer Skills, Systems skills
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent on experience and will be a combination of base salary + bonus.
Please email jobs-sales (at) worldcentric.org with your resume and a 1-page cover letter. In your cover letter, please include the social and/or environmental issues that are important to you along with why you would be a good fit for World Centric®. Please do not forward a LinkedIn profile. No phone calls, please.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient functioning of overall company processes and tasks.
- Evaluate and optimize processes and functions related to customer service, account management, order management, procurement, demand planning, fill rates, inventory plans, logistics, warehousing, sales operations etc.
- Work with sales, finance, marketing, supply chain and other departments to meet their operational needs.
- Evaluate current NetSuite implementation for current business processes. Define custom screens, fields, workflows, scripts needed for streamlining above processes (work with 3rd party vendors to implement as needed).
- Define and create dashboards, KPI’s, reporting for sales, logistics, order management etc. (work with 3rd party vendors to implement as needed)
- Recommend IT/software systems for collaboration, security, backup, IT, phones, logistics, shipping, order management, data integrity, demand planning, business intelligence, EDI etc. to streamline current operational workflow.
- Collaborate with the VP of Marketing to ensure strong execution of the overall e-commerce strategy, such as integration with Netsuite Advanced Suite Commerce for best of shopping cart user experience, robust analytics, international shipping etc.
- Continuously improve processes for higher productivity and efficiency in supply chain, logistics, accounting, sales and customer service.
- 10+ years’ experience in a hands-on operations role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (engineering, computer science) preferred.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Experience in evaluating technology requirements and optimizing processes related to supply chain, logistics, order management, warehousing etc.
- Experience in creating and implementing best customer service practices and processes
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills, experience with ERP (specifically Net Suite), CRM, accounting, inventory and order management systems.
- Excel expert. HTML, CSS, CMS, SQL, scripting, networking, web services skills a big plus.
- Experience in distribution, food service, packaging, consumer non-durables or plastics industries highly desired.
- Manufacturing background/experience a big plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
This position is full time, based out of our headquarters in Petaluma, CA.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent on experience. World Centric offers excellent benefits, including health, dental and vision. Employees participate in a company-matched 401k plan. We also offer additional benefits such as flexible time off, gym reimbursement, free product, and more. Our office offers an open layout with beautiful view of the Petaluma River.
Please email jobs-ops (at) worldcentric.org with your resume and a 1-page cover letter. In your cover letter, please include the social and/or environmental issues that are important to you along with why you would be a good fit for World Centric®. Please do not forward a LinkedIn profile. No phone calls, please.
World Centric® is an environmental and social enterprise working to reduce environmental degradation and economic injustice. We are one of the leading providers of 100% certified compostable food service products. Started as a non-profit in 2004, World Centric® is now a California Benefit Corporation and as well a certified B-Corp. We partner with organizations whose programs not only offset our carbon emissions but also create regenerative ecosystems. Each year we donate a minimum 25% of pre-tax profits to help those suffering and in need by providing opportunities for economic development, food security, education, housing and basic health care. World Centric® is looking for folks who are passionate about our mission and want to make a difference in the world! Find out more at worldcentric.org.