- Aware, committed and passionate about social and environmental issues
- Adaptable and flexible – folks who do well in unstructured environments
- Collaborative and self-motivated
- Highly competent and able to execute tasks very well
Senior Accounting Manager
The Senior Accounting Manager will be responsible and manage all finance and accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, payroll, loan compliance and monthly/quarterly/yearly closes. This is a very hands-on position, where the candidate will be expected to collaborate and work on daily accounting and financial tasks with the help of an accountant.
- Manage all month end close tasks – bank reconciliations and other accounts
- Prepare daily/weekly cash flow projections.
- Manage annual third-party financial audits
- Ensure daily and weekly activities are current and accurate, including receiving and posting checks, bank deposits, electronic payments and ACHs in ERP system
- Maintain accurate accounts payable accounts including timely payment of all bills and wire payments.
- Manage accounts receivable accounts and collections.
- Work with account managers to address customer issues such as short payments, late payments, credit terms, etc.
- Sales tax payments and other regulatory filings, including 1099s
- Ensure payroll is processed in a timely manner, including employee PTO, health, vacation and transport expenses.
- Manage health, insurance, 401K and other benefit plans as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams including supply chain, order management, customer service, and sales to continuously improve processes and productivity
- 8+ years experience in hands-on financial role.
- Minimum of bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge and complete understanding of GAAP
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and accounting/ERP systems. NetSuite a big plus
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, manage details, ensure accuracy and timeliness in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
If interested please send your resume and a brief cover letter. In the cover letter, please also discuss what is what is meaningful for you in terms of social/environmental issues. Please send information to jobs (at) worldcentric.org and include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Positions will be posted until filled. Compensation is based on experience with full benefits. We appreciate your interest.