Thank you for you interest in working for World Centric! We look for candidates who are:
- Aware of, committed to, and passionate about creating social and environmental change to benefit people and planet – This is the heart of our organization.
- Inspired by moving toward a flat organization – We are motivated by our individual roles in the company, not by a boss or the traditional hierarchy.
- Adaptable and flexible – We believe that change is constant and embrace our evolution as a company.
- Action-oriented – We each thrive through peer collaboration and a strong sense of self-motivation. We don’t expect others to do our work for us.
- Dedicated to excellence – We set high standards for team and individual performance and competency.
World Centric is a 12 year old leading supplier of certified compostable disposable packaging based in Petaluma CA. The Company started as a non-profit in 2004 and now is a California Benefit Corporation and a certified B-Corp. It offsets all its carbon emissions and donates at least 25% of profits to environmentally and socially conscious organizations.
World Centric has over 200 different products and sells into retail and foodservice across the U.S. The Company was founded in 2004 as a non-profit to raise awareness of how our current consumption patterns are severely degrading the planet’s ecosystems and at the same time creating vast inequalities for billions of people living on less than $2/day, without access to basic necessities of adequate food, water, health care, education, housing, sanitation etc. Now, as a for-profit we strive to create the most impact we can both socially and environmentally. We envision a world where everyone’s basic needs can be met with a beneficial impact on the environment.
World Centric, as a leader in the compostables category, has a dynamic, fast-paced, high growth work environment and is looking for professionals who can thrive in such an environment. The culture and mission fit is very important for us and these requirements include a strong awareness, passion and commitment for social and environmental issues; a high degree of competence, motivation and initiative; and adaptability and ability to collaborate with others.
· Optimize and support processes and functions from procurement to customer shipping, including demand planning, inbound/outbound freight, order management/fulfillment, warehousing, and customer service.
· Manage and optimize Netsuite for account management, order management, sales, lead generation, pipeline, and customer service.
· Responsible for reporting/analysis for sales, logistics, customer service, and order management.
· Responsible for maintaining pricing catalogs, pricing tiers, and margins.
· Recommend IT/software systems for collaboration, security, backup, IT, phones, logistics, shipping, and demand planning.
· Continuously improve and implement new processes for efficiency and ease of use.
· Work with sales, finance, and marketing to meet their operational needs.
Knowledge and Skills
· 10+ years’ experience in a hands-on operations role.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (engineering, computer science) preferred.
· Prior experience in optimizing supply chain, logistics, order management, warehousing.
· Prior experience in creating and implementing best customer service practices and processes.
· Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills.
· Strong analytical skills, experience with ERP (specifically Net Suite), CRM, accounting, inventory and order management systems.
· Excel expert. HTML, CSS, CMS, networking, systems skills a big plus.
· Experience in distribution, food service, packaging, consumer non-durables, or plastics industries highly desired.
· Manufacturing background/experience a big plus.
· Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation is dependent upon experience. World Centric offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k matching program, and flexible time off. Our office provides a team environment with an open floor plan and is located along the Petaluma River close to downtown. Work for company passionate about making a difference in the world!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your experience and a 1-2 page cover letter. In your cover letter, please include the social and/or environmental issues that are important to you along with why you would be a good fit for World Centric. Please do not forward a LinkedIn profile.
This is a full-time position based in our Petaluma office.
We are currently seeking an Account Manager for full time employment in our Petaluma office. Account Management works in conjunction with Sales to provide exceptional service to customers through regular communication and follow up. A large portion of the work is to guarantee the accurate and timely entry of customer orders while providing excellent customer service.
- Use and maintainence of CRM system (NetSuite) for placing customer orders, capturing customer interaction (phone and email), updating account information, setting up new accounts, etc.
- Efficient and accurate data entry in ERP System (NetSuite)
- Communication with customers on items such as orders, returns, product issues, inventory levels, product availability and shipment tracking
- Efficiently resolve customer issues/problems, including order shortages and invoicing
- Regular communication with sales on customer needs and/or issues
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams including Customer Service, Supply Chain, Finance and Order Management
- Prepartion of shipping quotes and/or order estimates as requested, including product and shipping cost and inventory availability
- Monitoring of inventory levels and identification of possible out of stock situations
- Providing input by customer on product demand for procurement orders
- Order entry and order management experience
- Strong customer relationship and communication skills, written and verbal
- Professional, tactful, and at ease interacting with large customer accounts and stakeholders
- Extremely organized. Able to efficiently work on and prioritize several accounts at once
- Detail oriented
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, manage details, and work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent computer skills and capable of learning new software systems
- 3+ yrs in Account Management working with medium to large accounts a plus
- Experience with ERP/CRM, accounting, inventory, and/or order management systems.
- Experience with NetSuite a major plus
Compensation is dependent upon experience. World Centric offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k matching program, and flexible time off. Our office provides a team environment with an open floor plan and is located along the Petaluma River close to downtown.
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter to jobs-acctmgrs(at)worldcentric.org. In your cover letter, please include the social and/or environmental issues that are important to you along with why you would be a good fit for World Centric. This is a full time position out of our Petaluma office.
- Implement process/procedures/accuracy for day to day accounting activities – A/P, A/R, reconciliations, journal entries, month/quarter/year closes, deductions, credit memos etc.
- Ensure month end/quarterly/yearly closes are done accurately and on time.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual budget, interim forecasts and cash flow projections
- Financial analysis/planning, margin analysis, COGS/shipping/variance analysis, KPI tracking.
- Evaluate, implement and be responsible for best benefits/insurance plans.
- Back up Senior Accounting Manager as needed for day to day accounting tasks – reconciliations, borrowing base, payments, payroll etc.
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams including supply chain, order management, customer service, and sales to continuously improve processes and productivity
- Help in tax planning and tax strategy and working with outside CPA.
- Help with legal contracts, corporate documents/legal structure
- Prior work experience as Controller, Dir of Finance or higher in a consumer goods, retail/wholesale distribution, manufacturing companies ranging from $20M and up (we are not looking for candidates who have exclusive experience in banking, real estate etc).
- Minimum of bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge and complete understanding of GAAP
- Work experience in product distribution, manufacturing companies with specific cost accounting experience
- Excel expert/whiz. Netsuite or other ERP systems a big plus.
- IT/Systems experience a plus
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks, ensure accuracy and timeliness in a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
Compensation is dependent upon experience. World Centric offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401k matching program, and flexible time off. Our office provides a team environment with an open floor plan and is located along the Petaluma River close to downtown. Additional perks include casual dress code, free Friday lunches, and much more!
Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs-finance(at)worldcentric.org. In your cover letter, please include the social and/or environmental issues that are important to you along with why you would be a good fit for World Centric.
About World Centric
World Centric is an environmental and social enterprise working to reduce environmental degradation and economic injustice. We are one of the leading providers of 100% certified compostable food service products. Started as a non-profit in 2004, World Centric is now a California Benefit Corporation and as well a certified B-Corp. We partner with organizations whose programs not only offset our carbon emissions but also create regenerative ecosystems. Each year we donate a minimum 25% of pre-tax profits to help those suffering and in need by providing opportunities for economic development, food security, education, housing and basic health care. World Centric is looking for folks who are passionate about our mission and want to make a difference in the world! Find out more at worldcentric.org.